Subject: Lightwave 3D CD-Rom project
From: Michael Meshew <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 1994 22:11:49 -0400 (EDT)

I wanted to announce to the members of this group that I have started 
work on a Lightwave 3D CD Rom. It is obvious from many of the posts on 
this mailing list that there is a need for many of its members of 3D 
objects, images, bump maps, arexx scripts, scene files & textures that 
exist in the public domain on many of the BBS's across the country. To 
have it all together on a single CD Rom would represent a valuable 
resourse. It is obvious that many animators, beginners & professionals 
alike, do not have the time and/or experience to access these materials. 
My goal is to put together all of these resources together on a single CD 
Rom and make it EXTREMELY affordable! If you have an Amiga background, I 
want to compile the resources and make them as accessable & affordable as 
"The Fred Fish Collection".

   I have contacted various Lightwave animators from across the country 
that will contribute their own work for this project. Their work will go 
into a "Showcase" section of the CD ROM, which will advertise their 
skills through their work. This is a way for Lightwave artists to have 
their skills & services noticed. By making the project affordable, I 
believe that many more people will have access to their work.

  If anyone has any suggestions about what they would like to see in this 
CD ROM, please let me know. If you would like to contribute to this 
project, please get in touch! I plan on upgrading the CD ROM twice a year 
in order to try to stay current. If you would like to contribute & plan 
on attending the Amiga SIG meeting Mark just announced at the Sheraton 
during SIGGRAPH, let me know so that we can meet.

  Free copies of this CD ROM will be distributed to the artists who 
contribute the most to this project.

   If you have any feedback, please send it my way!

Thank You,

Michael Meshew
4556 South Third Street
Louisville, Ky. 40214
(502) 363-2986

[email-masked]